Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fruit Flush - Day 3



Or maybe I should say, "Fruit Flush - The Day That Didn't Happen." I told you that I was feeling bad yesterday. After I posted, it got worse. I'd describe it as a migraine mixed with the flu mixed with food poisoning. Yep, that bad. I'm not sure if it was caffeine withdrawal, carb withdrawal, the toxins leaving my body, or something else. I gave in at about 9pm and had a cup of mint tea and a few crackers with peanut butter to settle my stomach. I took an Imitrex for the migraine and went to bed.

I got up at the usual time and weighed in. Still 160lbs. I decided that I could not handle another day of feeling the way I did yesterday. My body was telling me to STOP so I listened. I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed. I really wanted to stick it out and feel great afterwards. Perhaps everyone feels so good when it's over because they felt like such crap while doing it. Nobody mentioned that in the reviews! I do feel pretty good today but still weak and sort of shaky. I had soup and ginger ale for lunch. My tummy is definitely not back to normal after yesterday.

So, no more Fruit Flush detox for me. I'll go back to my pre-injury routine of a healthy diet and regular exercise. That's what works for me. Never again will I try to do something that makes me sick. That just can't be good for you! 

We'll continue doing Meatless Mondays and are taking up Wheatless Wednesdays too! Also, there's this neat little challenge called October Unprocessed 2011 that sounds like a blast...Who wants to join us? It doesn't have to be the whole month. What about a week? A day? Come on, who's up for the challenge?

Thank you to everyone who joined me on this adventure. Your questions and encouragement really meant a lot to me and helped me along the way! I'm going to try to stay on top of the blog again. It's Fall so I'm sure I'll be posting about PUMPKIN soon - pumpkin rice pudding, anyone?







2 comments:

  1. how about triple leaf detox tea? third day and i'm already feeling better. maybe that had something to do with reading the dalai lama book too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heba, not a bad idea! I think I have some Yogi peach detox tea in the cupboard! Now I just need a peaceful, inspiring book (:

    ReplyDelete