Monday, September 26, 2011

Fruit Flush - Day 1


Well, I survived day one! Actually, it wasn't bad at all. I woke up at 6:20am and weighed in. 165 pounds. Yuck. Moving on...

Today was the pre-flush day so it consisted of a lot of protein shakes and water. Let me tell you, I peed a lot more than I usually do! Here's what today's menu looked like:

8am - 6oz. protein shake
9am - 8-12oz. water
10am - 6oz. protein shake
11am - 8-12oz. water
12pm - 6oz. protein shake
1pm - 8-12oz. water
2pm - 6oz. protein shake
3pm - 8-12oz. water
4pm - 6oz. protein shake
5pm - 8-12oz. water
6pm - 6 cups raw vegetable salad with 6oz. lean chicken breast topped with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the juice of half a lime.
7pm - 8-12oz. water

I didn't think it was even possible to eat 6 cups of salad but I sure tore it up! I was only hungry a couple of times today; before "breakfast" probably because I was missing my cup of "slap you in the face" coffee and before dinner. It's suggested that you don't exercise during the detox but I didn't listen. I went to the gym before dinner and sweated my butt off.

So, day one is in the books and it wasn't bad at all. I feel pretty good and have lots of energy. I've got a little bit of a headache...caffeine withdrawal? I'm looking forward to lots of fruit tomorrow but sure am going to miss drinking a beer or two while I watch the Redskins kick some Cowboy butt tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment