Monday, January 24, 2011

Flexitarian?

It's a real thing, I promise.

flexitarian
n
1.
a person who eats a predominantly vegetarian diet, but who eats meat or fish occasionally

A few months ago, I convinced the family that we should participate in Meatless Monday and it really lit a fire in me. I love veggies. I mean, I actually *crave* them. I don't need meat. Unfortunately (for me), I live with two very dedicated carnivores. After lots of thought and research, I decided that flexitarianism might be exactly what I need! My reasons for limiting the amount of meat I eat aren't ethical or moral. It's a preference and a choice to improve my overall health and well-being. 

I don't want to throw a huge kink into the family meals though, so here's the plan: when I am eating solo (lunch, Laura's at work, etc.) I'll eat "vegi-". When we're all together, I'll eat "flexi-." Meat will be incorporated into our family meals, except on Monday. They still have to deal with that. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment