Sunday, January 9, 2011

Curry Perfume!?

I love curry...love it! I love the taste, the smell, everything! I love it so much that when I was cooking dinner the other night I told Laura that I'd wear curry perfume if I could find it. She asked me not to ;) I found this recipe when I was cooking with pearl onions for Thanksgiving and couldn't wait to try it! Pearl Onions and Curry Chicken served with some rice, asparagus, and naan. Yumm!

 Pearl Onions & Curry Chicken

10 oz. package pearl onions, peeled (boil in a pot of water for about 3 minutes to make them easier to peel)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp. curry powder
1/4 cup white white
1/2 tsp. Sriracha ("Rooster Sauce")
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil

Sauté chicken breasts in olive oil. I seasoned with a little curry powder, salt, and pepper first.  Remove after cooking and cut into chunks.  Sauté pearl onions in the same pan for about 3 minutes.  Stir in curry powder, garlic, and Sriracha.  Sauté until the onions are translucent.  Return chicken to the pan and stir in wine and tomato sauce. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Serves 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment