Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin and More Pumpkin...

I baked these muffins last weekend for coffee hour at church. They were pretty good but I'd make a couple small changes next time. The one I ate stuck to the liner more than I'd like. Now, that could mean I need to add a little more oil or it could be the unbleached liners. Also, I'd like a little more pumpkin pie taste so next time I'll try more cinnamon and nutmeg. Here's the recipe, unaltered. Please excuse the blurry picture. I dropped my camera in the sand while camping so I had to take this with my cell phone.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins

Cream Cheese Filling:
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Muffins:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line standard muffin pan with paper liners.

To make cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.

To make muffins, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Stir in the flour mixture, until just moistened and mixed. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.

Please 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling in each muffin cup and press lightly into the center of the batter.

Bake about 25 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment